- Class 1E Mild
- RCC-E K2/K3 Qualified
- Quick Connect, Bayonet Type
- Shielding Continuity
- 6 sizes available
Key features and benefits
The 8N45S series is a RCC-E K2 qualified nuclear grade connector range. This series has been designed to answer the EPR requirement and is derived from the 8N45 range.
With approved component materials, our connectors meet the highest radiation levels and harshest nuclear environment. Esterline Connection Technologies - SOURIAU range complies with the main nuclear industry standards (RCC-E and IEEE).
The integrated cable clamp with shielding continuity, developped for the Generation 3 reactors, allows a good resistance to traction while reducing the shell-to -shell resistance (≤ 20 mΩ) and achieving a EMI/RFI protection over a wide frequency range.
As a standard RCC-E K2 Qualified product, quality documentation proving the design and manufacturing process is delivered with every batch of connectors.
The quick connection system (bayonet type) allows an easy mating and a quick maintenance. 6 sizes are available, from 3 to 37 contacts, making this series usable with a wide range of application. The 8N45S connectors are supplied worldwide.
- Mating / Unmating effort: 0,12 daN.m
- Endurance: 500 mating / unmating
- Cable clamp resistance: Traction 100 N / Torsion 0.5 Nm
- Operating Basis Earthquake (OBE): 3g ZPA
- Safe Shutdown Earthquake (SSE): 6g ZPA
- Vibration (Sine): 5g, 10 to 2000Hz, 3.5 mm
- Ambient temperature: -10 to 70°C (14 to 158°F)
- Maximum temperature: 85°C (185°F)
- Ambient humidity: 75% max.
- Cumulated radiation: 250 kGy (25 MRads) / 70°C (158°F)
- Dry heat test: 40°C (104°F) / 93% HR / 504h
- Salt spray resistance: 168h
- Protection against water penetration: - IP 68
- Qualified lifetime: 40 years