- Class 1E
- RCC-E K2/K3 qualified
- Quick connect, bayonet type
- High sealing level for water submergence
- Integrated cable clamp
Key features and benefits
The 8N45 series is a RCC-E K2 qualified nuclear grade connector range. Thanks to robust stainless steel shells and high sealing performances, this range is designed to work for the all life of a nuclear power plant.
Designed with a ¼ turn bayonet coupling, 8N45 connectors are suited to operate safely during normal and seismic conditions in various applications in the reactor containment buildings.
Esterline Connection Technologies - SOURIAU supplies more than one hundred reactors in service worldwide (France, UK, Germany, USA, South Africa, Japan and China) with reliable qualified products.
- Mating / Unmating effort: 0,12 daN.m
- Endurance: 500 mating / unmating
- Operating Basis Earthquake (OBE): 3g ZPA
- Safe Shutdown Earthquake (SSE): 6g ZPA
- Vibration (Sine): 5g, 10 to 2000Hz, 3.5 mm
- Ambient temperature: -10 to +70°C (14 to 158°F)
- Max temperature: 85°C (185°F)
- Ambient humidity: 75% max.
- Cumulated radiation: 250 kGy (25 MRads) / 70°C (158°F)
- Dry heat test: 40°C (104°F) / 93% HR / 504h
- Salt spray resistance: 168h
- Protection against water penetration: IP 68
- Qualified lifetime: 40 years